Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21, 2013

Did I mention that I decide to plant a grapefruit seed?  I have a grapefruit tree, and on a whim, stuck a seed in some soil to see what would happen.

Can you see it, peeking out?  :)










Okay, I admit it.  I should never EVER visit any garden center this time of year.  I stopped off at K-Mart, thinking I would just browse their seeds, and I came home with these.  I'm not even sure what I bought, except I know that I tried to buy heirloom plants.  I know I bought stocks, two tomatoes, onion chives, and something called "grapefruit mint."  (I have a thing for weird mint.)  I'll have to check the other plants tomorrow to give you a full inventory.  :)  I'm pretty sure there is a zucchini in there as well as a red chile.

I also picked up some heirloom (when I could find them) seeds for beets, radishes, kale, broccoli, summer squash and butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment