Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013

It is the first day of spring!!  Of course I had to post SOMETHING today!

Here it is:

Are you impressed?

The pot on the left is my "dead" Christmas poinsettia.  I left it at the office when I had to go to training in Huntsville for two weeks.  No one watered it, and it sat under a vent that blew hot air on it all day.  I came home to a twig.    But I don't give up very easily, and apparently, neither did my poinsettia.  A little love, a little water, and lots of sunshine, and voila!!  It's a Christmas miracle.  :)

(BTW, the long green thing hanging down behind the poinsettia is my watercress.   I bought a bunch at the store and decided to root one of the stalks.)

The other pot of dirt is my first attempt, today, at planting turmeric.  I had a tuber from the grocery store, and I thought, hey, why not.  So we'll see....  I have a habit of buying things from the store and promptly burying them, I guess.

Happy Spring to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment