Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 9, 2013


The first of the blood oranges germinated!!  I found them yesterday, when I checked all the containers, but it looks like they came up a day or two before that.  The winner (and so far only ones to even place) in the experiment were the seeds that were simply soaked for half an hour, then planted in seed-starting mix.  The rest of the seeds have yet to make an appearance.

These two little plants came from one seed.  I have read that it is not uncommon for two or three plants to emerge from one seed.  I will have to research to see if I am supposed to terminate one of the plants.

While checking these little guys, I saw another seed (not visible in this picture) also starting to push its way out of the mix, so I would say the soaked, not-chilled, not-nicked, seeds are definitely the way to go for future plantings!

No comments:

Post a Comment