Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24, 2013

Not much to report on the garden front, but I did chat with a neighbor who specializes in agricultural irrigation (and who helped me when I needed to install a new pump and holding tank for my well), so I have a game plan now.  He suggested a fairly straightforward plumbing system from the water supply at my tack room to the area I want to use for my garden, but I think I am going to just go with a long hose for now, until I know if this area is going to work.  Maybe next spring, if I have success, I'll invest the time and money into digging a trench for plumbing out there.   I really wanted to integrate my old 1500 gallon holding tank to rig up a rain-catchment system, but I was shot down on that one.  (I may still try it with a smaller container, though.) 

Now, I just need to find someone to help me build that perimeter fence!!

It is annoyingly spring-like today (as you can tell from the picture).  Makes my fingers itch....


No comments:

Post a Comment