Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29

 Harvested the hollyhock pods for next year!

Also onion seeds
And the gophers and ground squirrels left me a few potatoes!
These are from the "dead" strawberry plants I picked up from K-Mart last year.  I am getting a handful or so of berries a week - not much, but a nice treat!

I planted this particular squash plant about a month after the others, and it is just now getting baby squash on it!
And here is my grocery store watercress.  It is growing in a very tight bunch, rather than the leggy plants that I bought.  I am not sure which is the healthier version, but as long as it is green, I am okay with it.

And do you remember the poinsettia that I left in the office over Christmas?  It was a stick when I returned, because no one thought to water the poor thing.  With a little TLC, and a little time in my magic garden window, it came back to life.  I transplanted it to a larger pot out on the deck, and it is looking beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment